My Shopping List
Bats & Cats Chocolate Halloween Cookies
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
Chill Time: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 c. flour
+ 1-1/2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1 c. butter or margarine, softened
+ 1-1/2 c. granulated sugar
+ 2 eggs
+ 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
+ 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate, melted
+ 2 tubes (0.68 oz. each) decorating gel, any color
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt until well blended. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Add chocolate; mix well. Divide dough in half; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours.
3. Place half the dough on lightly floured surface; roll into 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into bat and cat shapes with 3-inch cookie cutters, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. Bake 10 to 12 min. or until firm around the edges. Cool on baking sheets 2 min.; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely. Decorate with gel.
* Size Wise: Enjoy your favorite foods on occasion but remember to keep tabs on portions.
* Special Extra: Place cookie dough on parchment-covered baking sheets to prevent cookies from sticking to pans and to help keep baking sheets clean between batches.
* Variation: Omit decorating gel. Let the kids decorate the unbaked cookies with colored sugar, multi-colored and chocolate sprinkles, chopped PLANTERS Nuts and/or seasonal candies before baking as directed.
* How to Prevent Tough Cut-Out Cookies: To prevent tough cookies, roll out cut-out cookie dough scraps only once. Collect all the scraps, shape into ball and refrigerate until firm. Roll them out together for a final sheet of cookies; discard any remaining scraps.
* How to Store: Store in loosely covered container at room temperature.
* Recipe courtesy of Kraft Kitchen
Calories: 140; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 25mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 100mg;